Telemundo: My First Fashion Segment

I feel like I should warn you that this will be a lengthy post. We took so many pictures and it was just such an amazing  and special day for me. I feel like it is totally worth it to put as many photos as I like for this one. 
-------
Debo de advertirles que este post es largo. Tomamos tantas fotos y fue un dia tan especial para mi que decidi poner muchas para documentar este gran logro para mi.

I must say that when I got word that I was doing a style segment for Telemundo segment I could not believe it, they gave me full creative control. All my hard work, late nights and dreams were becoming worth it and real. I only told a handful of people, mostly family, at the time and kept it very hush hush. I don't like to speak about what I am doing until I do it. I guess you can say I have that mentality of showing actions before words. I prepared myself for weeks for this shoot. I put together about 8 outfits for this segment. I wanted to show the  must have pieces this summer and how to re-use them combining them different ways without breaking the bank. I  was able to work with amazing people that support me so much and I couldn't be any more grateful. The night before the segment I was up until around 1am going over notes and packing everything for the big day. I was beyond ecstatic and a lot less nervous than the previous days. The excitement was definitely taking over. I said a little prayer and went to bed. I slept so well and woke up super energized and ready to take over this big step in my short blogging career. I had to do amazing there was no going back, it was all or nothing. This had to be GREAT. 
------
Les digo la verdad en cuanto me entere que tenia este segmento de moda en la television no lo podia creer. Era como si todos mis esfuerzos se estaban haciendo validos y mis suenos se estaban por realizar. Me dieron control total creativo y realize el segmento basado en las piezas esenciales de este verano y como combinarlas para obtener diferentes looks sin gastar mucho dinero. No le dije a mucha gente en general a las unicas personas que les conte fue mi familia y una o dos amigas. Me prepare por semanas con este proyecto. Y soy muy bendecida de haber tenido un grupo de personas fabulosos y positivas conmigo este dia. La noche antes del segmento me acoste como a la 1am. Reze un poco y me acoste. Me levante muy tranquila y contenta. Mucho menos nerviosa que dias anteriores. Esto me tenia que quedar excellente. No habia de otra, era o todo o nada.

I couldn't have done a lot of this without my friend Stephanie from BTS/AMA Makeup Academy. She was my makeup artist for the day as well as my contact for booking the location and models. The location was beyond perfection for this day. We shot the segment at BTS/AMA Makeup Academy in Hoboken, NJ. Juliette Laracuente, the owner, was super sweet and was kind enough to lend me the space for my segment. BTS/AMA Makeup Academy specializes in professional makeup artistry.
------
Mucho de los detalles hubiesen sido imposibles sin la ayuda de mi amiga Stephanie de la academia de maquillaje llamada BTS/AMA Makeup Academy. Filmamos el segmento en la academia que esta localizada en Hoboken, NJ. La duena Juliette Laracuente fue estupenda y contacto esencial de este proyecto. BTS/AMA Makeup Academy se especializan en maquillaje profesional.


Highlighting + Contouring at its best. Steph can I keep you in my closet?  You are so talented.
------
Quiero tener a Stephanie en mi closet! Es un arte y gran talento que ella tiene. 


The reporter for my segment was Nadia Torres, a sweetheart and fabulous mommy to be! Can you believe she is just 2 weeks away from giving birth? 
------
La reportera de mi segmento fue Nadia Torres, de seguro la han visto en el canal. Es muy dulce y bonita. Pueden creer que le faltan tan solo 2 semanas para dar a luz? 

Most of the fabulous clothing items like this amazing and  super fabulous LA top was provided by Daily Material - they are launching their website on 7/13 so stay tuned, they have pretty fab pieces and edgy cool looks. 
------
Casi toda la ropa que le ensenamos fue de Daily Material - abriran sus puertas virtuales este 13 de Julio asi que no se lo pierdan. Tienen ropa super chevere y tambien casual y estilo edgy.


We filmed my interview first and then did the takes of the models.
------
Empezamos con mi entrevista primero y de ahi filmaron a las modelos. 

My accessories were the statement pieces and what sealed my looks. I brought most of my pieces from the Summer Collection from Lola Blue
-----
Todos los acesorios que ven son de mi coleccion de verano de Lola Blue.

Styling my models. | Vistiendo a mis modelos. 


1st Look: Summer cool with this casual + fun shirt | 1er Look: casual y muy chevere.
Find this cool top at Daily Material | Puede ordenar esta camiseta en Daily Material

And for a night look | Y para un look de noche
Skirt + Top from Daily Material | Falda y blusa de Daily Material

A feminine and elegant look with a little sex appeal | Un look femenino pero un poquito sexy.
Falda: Daily Material | Blusa: Windsor


A white piece of clothing is essential in the summer and this lace white skirt is your perfect must-have item for your vacation or simply a lunch date with friends.
Skirt: Daily Material Top: H&M

I love the pop of color my necklace gives this outfit. | Me encanta como se ve mi cadena con este look.

One of my favorite outfits was this one because of the effortless chic look. The back of this blouse is perfection. I love to wear flowy tops and fitted bottoms and the other way around too. It is all about comfort and being yourself. Accentuate the part of your body you love most and you will feel comfortable and fabulous.
Top + Bottom from Windsor.
------
Unos de mis looks favoritos fue este, por su femenidad y por el looks super chic. La parte de atras de esta blusa es perfecta. A mi en lo personal me encanta ponerme una blusa suelta y shorts un poquito mas al cuerpo o al reves. Lo mas importante es que se sientan comodas y un consejito es que acentuen la parte del cuerpo que mas les guste de si misma. Asi se sentiran bellas y comodas.
Blusa + shorts de Windsor.


My wonderful aunt and my son's godmother assisting me with the models.
------
Mi bella tia ayudandome con las modelos. 


With my aunt and assistant for the day! | Con mi tia y asistente del dia!

My amazing makeup artist. | Mi bella artista de maquillaje.

 Once again, thank SO very much to every single person that helped me make this achievement a success and dream a reality. Whether it was words of encouragement or being physically there, it meant the world to me. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. We were an amazing team! And I will forever remember this day, it was a very special one for me. It is the beginning to a new page for my blog. I truly made one of my dreams a reality. It only gets better from here my friends... so stay tuned! 

My biggest love and support comes from my husband. My love, without you and your never ending encouragement and words of love, this would not be possible. I can only do this because you support me in every step of the way. I am truly blessed. There is no one I would rather share my dreams, my goals, my accomplishments and my life with, than you. And also to my amazing and supportive mother. Your support is endless and your believe in me is pure. I love you. And lastly, I do all this for my son. Because as a little girl I always wondered what I would be. I always knew I would be a mother... and now that I am a mother to my beautiful child, I want to show him by example that you can truly do anything you set your mind to. With a lot of work, support from family and determination, every thing really is possible. Never stop dreaming my little love, my achievements big or small are all for you. 
------
Una vez mas agradezco a todos los que me ayudaron a hacer de este dia un exito. Fue un sueno hecho realidad para mi y no lo pude hacer sin la ayuda de cada uno de ustedes. Sea por su apoyo incondicional o su presencia fisica en este dia. Gracias de todo corazon. Nunca olvidare este dia. El primero de muchos, el comienzo de una nueva etapa de mi blog profesionalmente. Asi que sigan conmigo y no se pierden de lo que vendra.

El mas grande apoyo con todo lo que hago viene de mi esposo. Tu apoyo incondicional no tiene precio. Nada de lo que hago seria posible si  no fuera por tu amor y paciencia, por tu carino y noblesa. Gracias por compartir mis suenos y metas, y ayudarme a cumplir cada una de ellas. No hay otro persona con la que compartiria mi vida que contigo. Le doy millon gracias a Dios por ti. Y a mi querida madre, tu apoyo y amor incondicional no tienen fin. Gracias por creer en mi y en todas mis locuras. Te amo. Y por ultimo, a mi bebe hermoso. Todo lo que hago es por ti mi amor bello, mi chino precioso, Porque cuando era pequena siempre quize ser mama, y ahora que lo soy lo doy todo por ti y por ensenarte que todo es posible, todo. Simplemente con trabajar mucho y tener el apoyo de tu familia lo lograras todo. Y te lo ensenare con mi ejemplo. Nunca dejes de sonar mi amor bello. Mis exitos pequenos y grandes son para ti.

AND FINALLY, HERE IS THE VIDEO OF THE SEGMENT
Please hit "like" on the YouTube link below, I appreciate your ongoing support.
------
Y POR FIN AQUI ESTA EL VIDEO DEL SEGMENTO.
Por favor delen "like" a la pagina de YouTube aqui: 


CREDITS:

Stylist: Erika Batista from Lola Blue, the closet
Makeup: Stephanie Crespo & Bronwen Calderon from BTS/AMA Makeup Academy
Models: Belge Ortega & Xio Laracuente
Clothes: Daily Material
Channel: Telemundo 47 NY
Segment: Mujer de Hoy

xo, 
E.